Situation: Laguna Honda Hospital (LHH) has been recertified for Medi-Cal (Medicaid) as of August 16th, however, this important resource for older people and the disabled is not out of the woods yet! Several questions remain to be answered:
- Will residents who were inappropriately transferred out of LHH be allowed to return?
- Will 120 beds still be cut as demanded by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)?
- Will the “flow project,” prioritizing hard to place patients from SF General Hospital over traditional nursing home patients, continue?
Action: Please call or email your SF Supervisors or SF Public Health Commission.
What to say:
- Residents previously discharged from LHH must be readmitted.
- There must be no loss of beds at the nearly new LHH.
- Stop the “flow project” that allows unsafe and inappropriate admissions to LHH.
- City, State and Federal agencies must provide sufficient mental health and substance abuse treatment and residential beds to give people the care they need.
- Elders and people with disabilities must have enough services and housing to enable them to thrive in their communities.
Please share this message with friends, family and colleagues in and near San Francisco.
San Francisco Health Commission
Click HERE to find contact info for your member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors.