Learn the status of Social Security and Medicare, including important issues listed below. Find out how you can help shape the future of these crucial government services for older Americans.
Social Security needs updating to:
- Increase benefits and eliminate inequities
- Ensure a firm financial future by increasing FICA for workers with incomes exceeding $400,000.
Medicare’s Direct Contracting (now called ACO Reach) threatens to privatize this essential public service, resulting in:
- Allowing private investors to buy medical practices serving Medicare patients, keeping Medicare dollars for corporations
- Incentivizing profits and thereby shrinking services
- Pushing people off Medicare without their knowledge— making it difficult to get back in.
SPEAKER: We are pleased to welcome back Jodi Reed, Executive Director of California Alliance for Retired Americans (CARA).
Zoom video and call-in Meeting
Saturday, June 25, 2022—11 AM to 12:15
Zoom link to follow
For more information call (415) 712-1695 email: email@example.com