OCCASIONAL PIECE – February 2022
GUIDE FOR NOMINATING AND ELECTING OWL 2022 BOARD MEMBERS.
Serving on the OWL Board is a fun and stimulating experience of real community. OWL needs new Board members to give their wisdom to the Board. There are 7 returning Board members. The current Board wants to be sure all Members understand the Election process and are urged to participate. Those for whom we have email addresses will receive this online. All others via snail mail.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR INDIVIDUAL BOARD MEMBERS
- ATTEND monthly Board meetings either in person or via Zoom.
- PARTICIPATE in 1 OWL Committee – usually a monthly meeting with perhaps some tasks for which person volunteers – might chair a committee.
- IDENTIFY topic for OWL ALERTS for one month of each year, put in reasonable shape and send to OWLSF Office Administrator for formatting and sending out.
- ASSUME responsibility for one or more monthly meetings according to topic chosen by the Board. This is often done by working with someone else.
NOMINATING PEOPLE FOR BOARD MEMBERSHIP
- BE SURE ANYONE YOU NOMINATE is willing to serve on the Board.
- DO nominate yourself if you wish.
- EMAIL YOUR NOMINEES to Betty Traynor: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- PHONE the OWL number: (415) 712-1695.
DEADLINE for Nominations is Feb 28th, 2022. List of nominees will be sent to all members after that. Others can be nominated from the floor on 3/26/22. ELECTION OF BOARD MEMBERS will be held at the very beginning of the March meeting on March 26th, 2022. Up to 8 people may be elected.